Saturday, July 2, 2011

Blogged Down Outside of Barrow

New posts have been noticeably absent, I know. It began on May 1, when Husband and I took  much-needed personal leave and vacation. 














It has been a whirlwind of travel. Since May 1, I've been (chronologically) to Anchorage, Juneau, Anchorage, Green Valley, Anchorage, Barrow, Point Hope, Barrow, Portland, and finally back to Barrow; the last trip was business, and I will be flying to NY next week. 

Amidst all of those trips, we also moved from our much-loved location and view of the ocean to a new abode (because the owner wanted to resume living there himself...go figure).

Though I've not had a chance to post my adventures, I have been writing about them. The next series I'll be posting will be all about the Culture Camp I attended in Point Hope, AK. This was a truly amazing experience (I took 529 photos in 10 days). Can't wait to tell you all about it!

Just before I do that, though, I've just got to say how rejuvenating it was to be out and about in Alaska and other parts, but how nice it was to come home, as well. 

Okay, so our home wasn't to be ours for long, because we moved within a span of two weeks, but it was nice to finally settle back into our own beds, and other comforts...in order to pack them all up and live out of boxes for the next few weeks. Never a dull moment here. I had a little déjà vu as I moved one more time for the 5th time in 4 years. I only get to repeat this picture because I used the same boxes I did for the move up here. If it's one thing I've learned in the past 4 years, save all of those moving boxes and always have tape and bubble wrap on hand!

No comments: