Sunday, May 2, 2010

Getting ready for the trip this week

So I got the suitcases. Here's what I figured out. To mail a box that is 25 lbs. it costs approx. $26 to get it to Barrow. To pay for the two extra suitcases that both weigh 50 lbs (really they both weigh 49 lbs.) it will cost me $40. It wouldn't cost anything if I were MVP on Alaska Airlines, but I haven't done much traveling in the past year, so I'm just one of the sheep in the all call.

My other strategy was to pack a bunch of clothes, around some fragile stuff I want to take but am afraid to let go up by post. We'll see if the stuff survives, but it would take a bomb to get through the multiple layers of clothes and the triple layers of bubble wrap.

The dogs are not happy. They see those suitcases and they see their food being packed up. They know they're going somewhere and I'm going somewhere. My good friend is taking care of them this week. They love being with her and her family, but one dog in particular is pretty anxious tonight.

Looking forward to a long day tomorrow, but also looking forward to a grand visit.

No comments: