Monday, April 26, 2010

House Considerations

Did I mention that Husband is still in Juneau? We do have a house there as well. The kicker is that he has to do exactly what I'm doing here. Figure out what goes to St. Vinnie's, what goes to Barrow, what goes to storage, what goes to Anchorage to store in the Element, and what just goes. OMG, the piles of different things is starting to become overwhelming.

Not to mention waking up in a cold sweat last week, with the "what are we doing?" thoughts racing through my head. The thing is, we're not going into this with rose colored glasses. Since we've both lived in pretty rustic/rural Alaska places before, we know for instance that our future abode in Barrow is likely to list to one side. I lived in a house like that in Glennallen. The bad news was the front door only opened wide enough to get me and the width of a grocery bag through it (fortunate opening). The good news was all of the dust and what-not accumulated in the downslope corner, so that saved time sweeping.

Okay, I'm off to pack one of the Barrow Bound boxes.

No comments: