Monday, April 26, 2010

Car Talk

Ahem...I have a Prius sans recall notices. Not quite the cold weather car, if you know what I mean. Now, it isn't recommended to store said vehicle. I've only had it for two years. I love that car. Great gas mileage, lots of room for two Border Collies and "stuff".  Sad face...Think about it...leaving a car that is part battery-operated in storage for 3 months let alone 3 years. Gotta sell that, too.

The good news is we also have a Honda Element. It lives in Juneau with Husband. I love that car, even if it does look like a Fred Flintstone mobile. It's huge inside AND you can just mop it out...no carpets. And we don't have to sell it! We can't take it either, though. Imagine the costs of barging a vehicle to Barrow (since that's the only way to get it there.) I don't know what the costs are since it's not an option, so I just imagine the figure is well into the thousands. So we're leaving the Element at my sister-in-laws house. Thank goodness for kind (and Alaska resident) relatives. This is one thing we don't have to research to figure out.

What are the transportation options? Well, we have some ideas, but I'm going to wait until we get there to explore them.

No comments: